Rice pudding pancakes with apples and blackcurrant cream
- Combine the rice pudding, apples, vanilla, cardamom, lemon peel, sugar, flour and egg yolks in a bowl and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then carefully fold them into the pancake batter.
- Brown the butter in a frying pan and make four large pancakes, one at a time.
- Cook each pancake until done on one side before flipping it over with a wide palette knife.
- Marinate the berries in sugar and mash them slightly so the sugar melts.
- Whip the cream until stiff, then stir in the berries.
- Cut the warm pancakes into pie-shaped wedges. Serve with the berry cream.
- The pancakes can also be served cold.
- One of the challenges of this type of pancake batter is that it takes a long time to cook. In this recipe, the pancakes are intended to be large and then served in wedges, but it is also possible to make smaller pancakes.