Curly kale salad with apples and cowberries
The juicy apple is given some edge with the addition of vinegar and honey. The curly kale adds a beautiful and rustic element to the salad. A dressing made from cottage cheese, cream and cowberries brings the salad together with full-bodied flavour. The toasted pumpkin seeds add crispness and even more taste, which is emphasised by the nutty aroma from the lightly browned butter.
- Combine the apple, vinegar and honey.
- Finely chop the curly kale leaves.
- Whip the cream lightly and combine with the cottage cheese, cowberry jam, salt and pepper.
- Combine the apples, cabbage and dressing and stir well. Season to taste.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and toast the pumpkin seeds for approx. 3 min. until golden. Sprinkle with sea salt, then drain on absorbant paper.
- Arrange the curly kale salad in a large dish and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and cowberries.