This recipe call for half the traditional Akawi cheese mixed with Arla pro Mozzarella for a stretchy constancy that will impress your guests
- Soak the Akawi in cold water to remove the salt, drain then mix with the Arla Pro Mozzarella.
- Using medium heat, boil the sugar, water and lemon juice for 10 minutes. Add the rose water after turning off the heat. Let it cool down completely.
- Butter the bottom and the sides of a 25 cm round pan with 1 tablespoon melted Lurpak butter.
- Soak Kataifi pastry, milk and lukewarm butter. Make sure that there are no lumps and that the kataifi is fluffy, when soft remove from the liquid.
- Place ⅔ of the kataifi in the pan. Press down and along the sides of the pan.
- Place all of the cheese. Level and press down.
- Cover with the remaining ⅓ of the kataifi. Press down.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 177°C for 40 minutes. Let the kunafa cool down for 10 minutes before inverting it into a large platter or cake stand.
- Decorate with ground pistachio. You can pour the cool syrup over the entire kunafa or pour on individual servings.