Steamed mussels with basil and two types of celery
- Cover the mussels with a tea towel and refrigerate until it is time to add them to the dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pot (a wok will also work). Add the garlic, lemon grass, celery cubes and chilli. Toast everything for approx. 2 min.
- Then add the fish sauce and vegetable stock and simmer for approx. 2 min.
- Now add the mussels, cover with a lid and steam the mussels for 3-4 min.
- Shake the saucepan constantly, just like when you make popcorn.
- Discard any mussels that are not open and remove the lemon grass.
- Add the cream, basil, chopped celery, salt and pepper.
- Season to taste and serve immediately, while the mussels are nice and hot.
- Serve the mussel soup with wholemeal bread if desired.