Red cabbage and khorasan wheat salad with creamy vinaigrette dressing
A salad of khorasan wheat boiled in apple juice with chopped red cabbage and finely sliced blanched Brussels sprouts makes a delicious dish when combined with a vinaigrette made from cream, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Dried cranberries provide a lovely contrast to the taste of the mustard and raw red cabbage.
- Boil the khorasan wheat in apple juice and salt for about 25 min. or until tender, but with a bit of bite.
- Pour off any surplus juice from the khorasan and let cool.
- Combine the khorasan, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts and cranberries – set aside a few cranberries for garnish.
- Combine the double cream, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and beat well. Season to taste.
- Stir the dressing into the salad and arrange in a large dish. Garnish with cranberries.