Smoked Salmon Omelette With Greens & Potatoes
This smoked salmon omelette adds texture and a touch of smokiness to the classic French omellette. This simple and straightforward recipe combines fluffy eggs with savoury smoked salmon, creating an easy lunch or brunch item. With a touch of freshness from fennel and spinach, it is a perfect blend of flavours. Elevate your omelette routine by adding smoked salmon for a new twist on the French classic.
- Sauté the fennel, onions and potatoes in butter in a frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the spinach separately until slightly wilted. Add the spinach to the potato mixture along with the hot-smoked salmon.
- Beat the eggs, cream and milk together and pour over the vegetables in the pan. Cook the omelette for a couple of minutes in the pan until it begins to set, then pop it into the oven.
- Bake the omelette at 200°C for 10-20 min. until firm and slightly golden on top.
- Serve the omelette warm with coarse rye bread. It can also be served cold as part of a buffet.