Cod with Persian yoghurt topping
- Pour the vinegar over the dried onion slices, then let stand for at least 24 hours, ideally longer.
- Place the marinated shallots, yoghurt, butter, salt and dill in a small food processor. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Top each piece of cod with a large tablespoon of the yoghurt marinade and bake at 160°C for approx. 10-12 min.
- Sun-dried shallots can be purchased in ethnic markets. You can also substitute the sun-dried shallots with ¼ of a brown onion. Make a large batch of marinated onion slices and use them in other types of dips and dressings. It is a good idea to make a larger portion of the yoghurt marinade so the blender has more to work with.
- Melt the butter when the onion slices have marinated in the vinegar for least 24 hours.
- Use a small food processor or make a larger portion in a larger blender.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream on the cod, then bake until flaky.