Tart & Creamy Rhubarb Parfait With Vanilla
Indulge in the delightful taste of a simple rhubarb parfait. This dessert combines the tartness of rhubarb with creamy layers, so if you're looking for an elegant and simple dessert for your next menu, this recipe has you covered. With its simple instructions and rich, satisfying taste, this rhubarb parfait is the perfect way to satisfy the sweet tooth of your guests.
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces and rinse in cold water.
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan along with the sugar and water, bring to the boil and cook for 7-8 minutes until you have a thick compote.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the rhubarb compote to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks, icing sugar and vanilla seeds together until light and fluffy.
- Lightly whip the cream, then fold into the egg mixture to create a light and fluffy parfait. Finally fold in the rhubarb compote and pour into small dishes for individual servings or one large serving dish.
- Place the parfait in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving – taking care to stir once in a while.
- It’s a good idea to move the parfait from the freezer to the refrigerator about 20-30 minutes before serving. Parfait can also be prepared using an ice cream maker.
- As a dessert or with cake.