Plum Sugee Upside Down Loaf, ‘Kek Suji Plum Terbalik’
Makes 2 small loaves
- About 6 hours before making, melt Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter and mix with sugee/semolina.
- Allow the sugee to soak in butter, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and prepare two loaf tins.
- Grease the inside with butter and line the base with parchment paper.
- Brush the parchment with butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and arrange plum slices neatly at the bottom.
- Using a mixer, beat egg yolk and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- At a slow speed, mix in the sugee butter mixture, almond meal, flour, baking powder, rose water, orange zest, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a clean bowl whisk egg white until soft peak.
- Take 1/3 of the egg white and mix into the sugee mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg white.
- Pour cake mixture into the tins over the plum slices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown until the edges have come away from the tin.
- Leave to cool down before turning the cake upside down onto your serving dish.
- The plum slices should be on top.