Why Now for Pizza Delivery?
The pizza delivery market is thriving, now worth an estimated £2.1bn, making up half of the total UK delivery market today which has grown 73% in the last 10 years, despite the recent economic turbulence the hospitality industry has faced. So, it's no surprise that operators are seeing the value that a pizza offering can bring to their business. The delivery market as a whole has seen a dramatic increase as consumers seek out faster and more convenient ways of satisfying their needs.
Offering pizza takeaway and delivery during these challenging times could be a great way to increase revenue and maximise use of ingredients in the kitchen. With delivery predicted to become increasingly more popular in the future, we have gathered expert advice which will help you set up a high standard pizza delivery operation. The simple steps in our free guide have been created to help you choose the right equipment, the best disposables and the optimum delivery method to serve pizza to your customers.
Meet Mark, Co-Owner of Wood Fire Dine
Mark is the co-owner of Wood Fire Dine, an artisan pizzeria based in Leeds and winner of Pizza Chef of the Year, 2019. Mark and his team pride themselves on their authentic hand-making processes and commitment to quality and excellence in pizza.
Scroll to watch as Mark talks about the challenges faced during the coronavirus outbreak and how he had to quickly adapt his business to delivery. Supported by the Arla Pro Pizza Delivery guide Mark and his team were able to successfully deliver tasty pizza at restaurant quality.
Pizza Cheese that Works for Delivery
Large Diced Mozzarella 2kg
A thicker cut size retains OPACITY as it travels while the diced format maintains a supple texture for maximum STRETCH on delivery.
• Once cooked it resembles softer mozzarella formats such as buffalo, burrata and fior di latte to maintain an authentic appearance and a clear point of difference in a crowded delivery market
• Low moisture content allows the pizza to be cooked more evenly, giving a crispy base and a golden crust
• A 10 x 10mm cut size makes it the perfect solution for operators who use super-hot pizza ovens
• Thicker cut size maintains opacity as it travels
Arla Pro Large Diced Mozzarella Cheese 2kg
Fresh tasting creamy mozzarella in diced cubes Semi-soft cheese with a supple, elastic-like texture. Farmer owned - care in every step, from cow to you.See product
Large Shredded Mozzarella 2kg
Thicker cut size than standard shredded mozzarella ensures even coverage with a FASTER MELT than diced formats, while still thick enough to RETAIN OPACITY.
• Perfect for delivery, retaining opacity as it’s transported from kitchen to consumer
• A 4x4x20mm cut sizes means more stretch on the cheese once cooked
• Retention of colour/ opacity means you don’t need to overload with cheese to achieve the desired result on delivery who use super-hot pizza ovens
Arla Pro Mozzarella Large Shredded 2kg
Fresh tasting creamy mozzarella large shredded. Semi-soft cheese with a supple, elastic-like texture. Great coverage on a pizza or other dis. Faster to cover and better portion control, Perfect for higher volume operations. Farmer owned - care in every step, from cow to you.See product
Download the Pizza Delivery Guide Here!
For even more tips on Pizza Delivery success, download the FULL guide here.
Join Our Online Community!
We’ve tonnes more inspiration and tips for foodservice professionals. Get the latest by joining us on Instagram, just follow @arlaprouk